• Twitter
  • Google+
  • IG
  • medium

Apr 3, 2014

The sad tyke

@eccentricsky

Bear with me for I wrote today an elegy
My lamentation is on its apogee
My soul bent her knee,
Crying aloud to the Almighty.

I thought today's a good day for nostalgia
So I walked around the plaza
There I saw two kind of trees:
Real, and made of metal piece.

The real: ravishing and towering
The metal: durable and strapping
However, I noticed that they have something alike
On a sod they stand, before a tyke

Oh how terrible I must be
A sinner … a rag so filthy
Yet You called me by Your side
And told me, "Do no longer hide"

A friend I am neither a tree that's real
Nor the metal one that's surreal
What a shame this I feel
My whole being suffers an ill

If absence makes the heart grow fonder,
I must've gone so long that your heart broke over
"Make up for lost time!", I thought when I'm sober
Only to find out the time is over

Now, I'm feeling achy
My Lord, I'm praying to Thee
Heal my soul, heal me
Restore our friendship; make it like a tree

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress

Taguig City, Philippines

E-mail

alyssaarandilla@gmail.com

Website

www.alyssamarieysabel.blogspot.com