• Twitter
  • Google+
  • IG
  • medium

Dec 17, 2013

Who I am not




Image source: IG @eccentricsky


I can't be the girl dancing.
I can't be the girl singing.
I can't be the girl grinning.
I can only be the girl writing.


Nothing much to offer.
In my desk I lay my soul to slaughter.
Nor fame and wit and power …
Ne'er became my lover.


In life, you win some you lose some.
In your head, a great schism.
Gained friends when I grooved in the rhythm.
Lost 'em when distorted by prism.


I'm tired of being not being.
Exhausted of the paradox teasing.
Dizzy of the cycle luring.
Deaf from the skeptical barrage I'm hearing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress

Taguig City, Philippines

E-mail

alyssaarandilla@gmail.com

Website

www.alyssamarieysabel.blogspot.com