• Twitter
  • Google+
  • IG
  • medium

Jan 24, 2014

Christ in me

@eccnetricsky

"I want to buy an apple laptop. I think there are more options they offer in the Sm Aura branch than in Bonifacio Global City branch. I'm going to take a bath and I should leave soon ... to get my new apple laptop."


And shortly, I woke up. It was just a dream.

Of course it's just a dream!I don't have the means to buy an apple laptop. Oh how I wish!




But it's not actually the 'I want to buy an apple laptop' dream that I'd like to share. It's actually what's in between the 'shortly, I woke up' scene and the 'I want to buy an apple laptop' dream.

So yeah, part of the dream still. But not just anymore about the apple laptop dream.

I guess this is extremely bizarre. Even up until now that I'm already hours awake, I still can't figure out how I just scolded myself for wanting an apple laptop 'NOW!' in my dream.

The next part of my dream started when all faded to black after thinking about leaving soon ... to get my new apple laptop, of course.

Without the sight of anything or anyone (including myself), I heard me talking to me (I'm not making you think I'm creepy, am I?) and asking myself a question like:

"Where is Jesus in that?"

Then comes the 'shortly, I woke up' scene.

As I woke up, I tried to make a sense out if it and told myself a mother-like chide:

"You see, when you have everything you want and the means to get everything you want, you forget Jesus. You forget to ask Jesus for it because what is asking for when you already have the ability to get it? Then you owe no one after having it. Or maybe if you do, it is yourself for working hard, for earning money, or for your ability to persuade your parents, or for choosing rich friends. But when you don't have everything you want and the means to get everything you want, you pray. There's Jesus. You ask if He wills to have you have it. You ask that He bless you with it. And when you get it, you owe it to Him. You thank Him for that thing you are praying for along with for blessing you the ability of being a hard worker, for giving you money, or for blessing your parents to give you what you have asked of Him, or for compassionate friends willing to be used as a channel of blessing. Now there's Jesus."


I actually had this wishful thinking of having my old, groggy apple laptop replaced by a new one. And also, this magical tree with dollar bills (not Peso, which makes me a delusional dreamer) as the leaves.

And it's funny how just days after woolgathering, I got rebuked.

There is no Jesus there.

And to be quite frank, now that I'm trying to contemplate, I can never think of myself being so quick in realizing things like that. Specially not in the days when I'm liking it the most.

But I am so sure it was my voice but certainly not my thought.

I, at the 7,281st day of my existence, experienced Christ in me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress

Taguig City, Philippines

E-mail

alyssaarandilla@gmail.com

Website

www.alyssamarieysabel.blogspot.com