• Twitter
  • Google+
  • IG
  • medium

Jan 1, 2013

The love we deserve





I know. I know. It’s only January 2nd and not February 14th. Too early for the love month, eh? This isn't for that month anyway. Just another random stuff I wanted to post.


Before you start scrolling down for more words, I must make a promise first. I will try my very best to not become so opinionated about this matter. If ever you’ll find this promise broken at the end, my apologies. I can’t help it :P


"We accept the love we think we deserve." 


- (Perks of being a wallflower)



That phrase alone can explain the reason why there are many broken hearts. I must say, Stephen Chbosky’s a real genius for coming up to that momentous and definitely not a cliche kind of quote! It has been virally quoted by the ‘love enthusiasts’ on a global scale.

You see, I think that's also the reason why we run from Jesus. We think we don't deserve His love. We seek the love of other people who care of little else than having themselves delighted. What satisfaction comes from that? There's bliss for a little amount of time and then it's over. We don't deserve that kind of love. Why? Because we are FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE! We don't necessarily deserve God’s love, but He WANTS to give it to us. That is why we were born. We should never turn away from it.

Why say ‘we’? Because I hold myself as one of the offenders.

Now, I can’t go an extra mile. It is going to be some sort of an irk for some if I lay more of what I feel concerning this issue. Without further ado, I will now leave the two things that I'm trying to point here.

Here they are:


#1! Heart is deceitful. If you want a good explanation, here are some points why:


   ● Biblically, Read Jeremiah 17:9. 
   ● And physiologically, it doesn't have a mind of its own. All it does is pump.


So whoever tells you “I love you with all my heart” is a liar. You better dump him out! LOL! Kidding.

My professor in medical surgical nursing once stated that if you want to change your ways in treating those whom you hold the dearest, you must bump your head (frontal lobe) real hard! The kind of hard that will do further bleeding and massive damage. The changes in the way you behave could become better ... or worse. Better one is, bad-peeps-will-be-good and selfish-will-be-generous kind of thing. If the damage has shifted you in the worse kind of 'you', she said that it's good you're alive! But it's better if you're 6 feet under.

Now bump your head!!!


#2! Set the freaking damn standards! It’s not that you’re playing hard to get but you shouldn't also have to be an easy peasy.
One boring afternoon, I went to a coffee shop inside a huge bookstore alone for a drink and to escape a minute a peaceless city. After a moment, a guy with some friends arrived. They were kinda talking about some stuff I don’t care until that guy said something with sense that rang a bell in my sleeping thoughts. Immediately, I reached for my phone to type it down and I would like to take into account of that stranger whose name and face I don’t know for quoting this wonderful stuff!


“Never settle for less than you deserve. Sounds chestnut but setting up standards is a good thing because they keep out added negativity that you don't need.”

Not a very rational statement, but I am no way in a rational state myself, so sue me.

Okay. I’ve said too much. Those, I guess are enough.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress

Taguig City, Philippines

E-mail

alyssaarandilla@gmail.com

Website

www.alyssamarieysabel.blogspot.com